The U.S. Chamber of Commerce, a close ally of the White House, immediately endorsed Miers just hours after her nomination was announced. (In contrast, it took the chamber 36 days after John Roberts√?¬Ę√Ę‚??¬¨√Ę‚??¬Ę nomination before it officially endorsed him August 24.) Miers represented Microsoft and the Walt Disney Co. and handled other cases for large corporations during her time as a private litigator. She was also living in Texas in the 1990s when the state passed tort-reform legislation that favored businesses. On the other hand, she voted on the Dallas City Council to endorse a 7% increase in property taxes, which apparently didn√?¬Ę√Ę‚??¬¨√Ę‚??¬Ęt bother the chamber.
- Resistance to Vaccination Could Prolong the U.S. COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Obama Talks and Talks and Talks About His Memoir and His Greatness.
- “ThanksWINNING” Video Tourney Provides Fun & Unique Way to Support President
- ‚ÄėBeltway Biden‚Äô Moves the Skeletons in His Closet to the White House.
- Unnecessary State Reviews of COVID-19 Vaccines Could Delay Distribution.