The National Journal reported July 2 that CNOOC, the company 70.6% owned by the Communist Peopleâ€™s Republic of China, which is trying to buy Unocal, the ninth largest U.S. oil company, had hired the Texas lobbying firms of Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld and Public Strategies. James Langdon, chairman of the Presidentâ€™s Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board (PFIAB)â€¦quot;whose members are given the highest U.S. security clearances, and who advise the President on U.S. intelligence gatheringâ€¦quot;is a senior partner of Akin Gump. Mark McKinnon, chief media strategist for President Bushâ€™s re-election campaign, is vice chairman of Public Strategies.
- Certified or Certifiable? Arizona Election Results Called Into Serious Question
- Without a Special Counsel, There Might Never Be a Durham Report.
- President’s Path to Reelection Continues to Narrow
- Resistance to Vaccination Could Prolong the U.S. COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Obama Talks and Talks and Talks About His Memoir and His Greatness.