While the President finished filling the openings in his Cabinet for the second term, quite a few No. 2 slots in key departments remain open. With Paul Wolfowitz headed for the World Bank presidency, those mentioned to replace him as deputy secretary of Defense include Export-Import Bank President Philip Merrill (publisher of Washingtonian magazine and a former assistant secretary general of NATO) and Federal Trade Commissioner Orson Swindle, who was a POW in Vietnam. The leading contender to replace White House domestic policy chief Claude Allen as deputy secretary of Health and Human Services is Assistant Secretary for Children and Families Wade F. Horn, who has overseen the welfare reform program.
- Resistance to Vaccination Could Prolong the U.S. COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Obama Talks and Talks and Talks About His Memoir and His Greatness.
- “ThanksWINNING” Video Tourney Provides Fun & Unique Way to Support President
- ‘Beltway Biden’ Moves the Skeletons in His Closet to the White House.
- Unnecessary State Reviews of COVID-19 Vaccines Could Delay Distribution.