A year after leaving Frist’s office as counsel on judicial nominations, Manuel Miranda joined the Heritage Foundation this week as a visiting fellow. Miranda told HUMAN EVENTS he was close to being hired by the law firm of McDermott, Will & Emory in January, but his offer was rescinded when aides to Senators Teddy Kennedy (D.-Mass.) and Pat Leahy (D.-Vt.) threatened the firm with retribution. Kennedy and Leahy have dismissed the allegations, but Miranda isn’t letting the matter drop. He filed an affidavit and requested an investigation by the fraud and public corruption division of the U.S. Attorney’s Office.
- Certified or Certifiable? Arizona Election Results Called Into Serious Question
- Without a Special Counsel, There Might Never Be a Durham Report.
- President’s Path to Reelection Continues to Narrow
- Resistance to Vaccination Could Prolong the U.S. COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Obama Talks and Talks and Talks About His Memoir and His Greatness.