Sen. Chuck Schumer (N.Y.) was one Democrat Specter had been counting on to get Myers to 60 votes. Schumer has often called for ideological balance on the federal circuits, and the conservative Myers would certainly bring some balance to the leftist-dominated 9th Circuit. But Schumer said that Democrats were unwilling to reconsider the resubmitted nominees. “Unless there’s new and dramatic information, we feel nothing has changed and they should continue to be blocked,” he told HUMAN EVENTS. “In fact, I said the President nominating them is sort of a poke in the eye.” Schumer’s comments confirmed what many Republicans had already concluded: Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist (R.-Tenn.) will have no recourse but to change the Senate filibuster rule–the so-called “nuclear option”–if he wants to end judicial filibusters and get around the loud and growing Democratic obstructionism.
- To Tell the Truth: NBC Report Intentionally Spreads COVID Fear Like Virus
- Spain is Undergoing Regime Change.
- Sunday Morning News Ignores Hunter Biden Story in Assisting Father’s Campaign
- Barrett Confuses Democrats By Suggesting We Follow Constitution As Written
- Why Are Most Examples Of American Racism From The Past?