Despite President Bush’s resounding 3-million popular vote triumph over Sen. John Kerry in November, liberal Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D.-Calif.), who represents the state with the largest single bloc of Electoral votes (55), wants to abolish the Electoral College in favor of a direct popular election. Feinstein said she would introduce legislation at the start of the 109th Congress. “The Electoral College is an anachronism and the time has come to bring our democracy into the 21st century,” she said.
- Freshman GOP Rep. Files Articles of Impeachment Against Biden…On Day 1
- Biden rejoins Paris Climate Agreement: What Does This Mean for America?
- Elon Musk Should Build Us a Better Internet.
- Biden Signs Executive Order Requiring Masks on Federal Property, Then Goes Maskless at Lincoln Memorial
- Biden Signs Several Executive Orders that Help Illegal Immigrants