The Americans for Tax Reform anti-tax pledge may have played a role in the loss of a Republican seat in Virginia’s House of Delegates. GOP candidate Michael Ball lost the seat to a pro-business Democrat, Paula Miller, by only 92 votes December 14. (Ball was hoping to succeed U.S. Rep.-elect Thelma Drake, a Republican elected November 2.) But when Ball refused to sign ATR’s pledge, he essentially aligned himself with Virginia Republicans who supported Democrat Gov. Mark Warner’s tax hike.
- The Plot Against the Small Businesses.
- Michigan Mischief: Senate Hearings Reveal Numerous Forms of Election Tampering
- Certified or Certifiable? Arizona Election Results Called Into Serious Question
- Without a Special Counsel, There Might Never Be a Durham Report.
- President’s Path to Reelection Continues to Narrow