Energy Secretary Spencer Abraham and Agriculture Secretary Ann M. Veneman handed in their resignations last week. Bush did not immediately name replacements, but retiring Sen. John Breaux of Louisiana, a Democrat, is reportedly a candidate for Energy and Sen. Ben Nelson (Neb.), also a Democrat, is said to be under consideration for Agriculture. Some speculate that Bush would like to add another Democrat to the Cabinet because Transportation Secretary Norm Mineta, the current Cabinet Democrat, may soon resign. Few will miss him.
- Freshman GOP Rep. Files Articles of Impeachment Against Biden…On Day 1
- Biden rejoins Paris Climate Agreement: What Does This Mean for America?
- Elon Musk Should Build Us a Better Internet.
- Biden Signs Executive Order Requiring Masks on Federal Property, Then Goes Maskless at Lincoln Memorial
- Biden Signs Several Executive Orders that Help Illegal Immigrants