It would be a Machiavellian move for Bush to name Nelson secretary of Agriculture. Nelson faces a tough potential reelection challenge in 2006 from Nebraska’s Republican Gov. Mike Johanns. If Nelson goes to Agriculture, Johanns could appoint a GOP seat-warmer as Nelson’s interim successor, bringing the Republican Senate majority to 56, and closer to the 60 votes needed to end Democratic filibusters. Would Nelson consider the position? “Any time the President talks, you listen,” he told reporters.
- Resistance to Vaccination Could Prolong the U.S. COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Obama Talks and Talks and Talks About His Memoir and His Greatness.
- “ThanksWINNING” Video Tourney Provides Fun & Unique Way to Support President
- ‘Beltway Biden’ Moves the Skeletons in His Closet to the White House.
- Unnecessary State Reviews of COVID-19 Vaccines Could Delay Distribution.