“Rich Trumpka may be No. 2 to John Sweeney,” a veteran Democratic operative tells HUMAN EVENTS’ John Gizzi about the AFL-CIO’s secretary treasurer. “But he’ll never be president. Sweeney will be succeeded by a service union president.” With Sweeney’s stint at the AFL-CIO helm up in 2006, betting on his possible successor is focusing on Hotel Employees and Restaurant Employees Union President John W. Wilhelm, Service Employees International Union President Andy Stern, and Bruce Raynor, president of the Union of Needletrades, Industrial and Textile Employees.
- Resistance to Vaccination Could Prolong the U.S. COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Obama Talks and Talks and Talks About His Memoir and His Greatness.
- “ThanksWINNING” Video Tourney Provides Fun & Unique Way to Support President
- ‘Beltway Biden’ Moves the Skeletons in His Closet to the White House.
- Unnecessary State Reviews of COVID-19 Vaccines Could Delay Distribution.