Gov. Mitt Romney (R.-Mass.) shared his state’s cautionary tale on same-sex marriage with the Senate Judiciary Committee June 22. “It may affect the development of children and thereby future society as a whole,” Romney said. “Until we understand the implications for human development of a different definition of marriage, I believe we should preserve that which has endured for thousands of years.” Unwilling to take an unpopular, unambiguous stance in favor of same-sex marriage, many committee Democrats whined about the timing of the vote on the amendment, which is scheduled for the week of July 12. Several claimed the FMA is being rushed as a political ploy. But only 16 Senate Democrats were willing to tell HUMAN EVENTS this week that they flatly oppose the amendment.
- Hoping for an Unwoke Backlash.
- Collectivist Lincoln Project Amplifies MSM False Immigration Narrative; Attacks President
- The Case for an American Alberta.
- The Record-Time FDA Approval that Almost Didn’t Happen.
- To Tell the Truth: Five MSM Outlets Act in Unison to Suppress Information and Assist Biden Campaign