Testifying before the House International Relations Committee hearing on Haiti earlier this month, Assistant Secretary of State Roger Noriega was being pummeled by Members of the Congressional Black Caucus with charges that the Administration had spirited Jean Bertrand Aristide out of the presidency of Haiti into exile. An exasperated Rep. Jerry Weller (R.-Ill) finally went on record with what fellow many Republican lawmakers really felt about the Aristide charges: “He was a brutal dictator, allowing children to be sold into slave labor, and if we hadn’t gone in there, Mr. Aristide would be dead because the people would have killed him.”
- Freshman GOP Rep. Files Articles of Impeachment Against Biden…On Day 1
- Biden rejoins Paris Climate Agreement: What Does This Mean for America?
- Elon Musk Should Build Us a Better Internet.
- Biden Signs Executive Order Requiring Masks on Federal Property, Then Goes Maskless at Lincoln Memorial
- Biden Signs Several Executive Orders that Help Illegal Immigrants