For the third straight election in a row, El Salvador elected a president from the conservative, pro-U.S. ARENA party. ARENA’s Tony Saca, a popular radio sportscaster, rolled up 57% of the vote against Schafik Handal of the far-left FMLN, the former Marxist guerillas of the 1980s. Handal, who was also secretary-general of the Salvadoran Communist Party for 21 years, vowed to immediately withdraw El Salvador’s 380 troops in Iraq if elected.
- Kamala Harris, Aaron Burr, and the Art of Political Shapeshifting.
- Team-left ‘Covid’ Bill is Full of Pork
- Illinois Teachers Forced to Participate in ‘Anti Racist’ White Privilege Training
- Protection of Voting Rights vs. Protection of Filibuster: What Will Dems Choose?
- Cuomo Advisers Tampered with Evidence