With the surprise announcement last week by Sen. Ben Nighthorse Campbell (R.-Colo.) that he would not seek re-election this year, the political scene in the Centennial State was upended. Former Sen. Gary Hart (D.) and Rep. Mark Udall (D.) quickly said that they would not seek the Democratic Senate nomination, leaving Democrats scrambling for a top ten candidate. Gov. Bill Owens, Rep. Scott McInnis, and former Rep. Bob Schaffer–all considered strong GOP conservatives–were mulling the race. But the most intriguing GOP prospect is John Elway, the retired Denver Broncos great, who is a member of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes.
- The Plot Against the Small Businesses.
- Michigan Mischief: Senate Hearings Reveal Numerous Forms of Election Tampering
- Certified or Certifiable? Arizona Election Results Called Into Serious Question
- Without a Special Counsel, There Might Never Be a Durham Report.
- President’s Path to Reelection Continues to Narrow