Fort Hood heroine: Obama “betrayed” and “neglected” shooting victims
On Tuesday, ABC News rolled out some stunning video of the Fort Hood attack, showing the aftermath of the rampage conducted by Islamist terrorist Major Nidal Hassan. As the disclaimer indicates, the video includes some unpleasant images:
The woman interviewed by ABC News is Police Sgt. Kimberly Munley, who brought Hassan down with help from her partner, and was hit three times during the exchange of gunfire. She was invited to attend the 2010 State of the Union address, and appropriately hailed as a hero.
But now she knows Barack Obama merely used her as a political prop, and she says she feels “betrayed.”
“Not to the least little bit have the victims been taken care of,” said Munley. “In fact, they’ve been neglected very badly.” She and other survivors of the attack have come together to object to the government’s astounding decision to classify the incident as “workplace violence.” That means they don’t get the same benefits and medical care they would receive if they had been injured in a combat encounter.
As the UK Daily Mail reports, “Last November, on the third anniversary of the shooting, 148 victims of the bloody attack, among them Munley, filed a lawsuit against the government seeking to change the designation of the Fort Hood shooting. The lawsuit alleging negligence by the government said that the Defense Department is avoiding legal and financial responsibility for the killings by referring to the shootings as ‘workplace violence’ rather than as a terrorist attack.” There are also those who believe the government is afraid that classifying the incident as a terrorist attack will open them up to charges of “Islamophobia.”
Another Fort Hood survivor, Shawn Manning, took six bullets, and still carries two of them inside his body. “It was no different than an insurgent in Iraq or Afghanistan trying to kill us,” he pointed out… but, “basically, they’re treating us like I was downtown and I got hit by a car.”
The voice on the other end of Nidal Hassan’s dirtbag hotline to al-Qaeda was Anwar al-Awlaki, who was taken out in Yemen by one of those armed drones we’ve been hearing so much about lately. Was that “workplace violence” too?